The introduction period of the University of Twente is called the Kick-In. In 2010 the theme is "Serious Mysterious" and the dates of the Kick-In are:
- Bachelor Kick-In: August 18 - August 26, 2010
- (pre-) Master Kick-In: August 23 - August 26, 2010
Erasmus exchange students can choose, as can be read here: http://www.kick-in.nl/nl/faq/1...0-kick-in-faq/11-erasmus-exchange-student.html
ESN Twente is taking care of the Airport Pick-up and the International Kick-In. which is the (pre-) Master Kick in. ESN mentors will guide you during these days.
The pick-up will be on Saturday, August 21 and Sunday, August 22 from Schiphol airport in Amsterdam. The mentors will be there between 09.00 (9 am) and 21.00 (9 pm). They will help you with taking the train to Enschede and show you around the campus and to your room. For the airport pick-up you should have applied while registering for the Kick-In.
The programme for the international Kick-In is as follows:
- 09.00 - 10.00: MANDATORY registration in the Agora, Vrijhof building
- 10.30 - 17.30: MANDATORY formality market, you will be guided by your mentor. Here you take care of housing, visa, subscription to the university, buying a bike, getting an ESNCard, a quick tour around campus and all other formalities to get your Dutch student life started
- 17.30 - 18.30: Little break
- 18.30 - 20.30: Dinner on campus
- 20.30 - 22.30: ESN goes Dutch. A fun presentation about everything you need to know about this country and the weird habits the Dutch people have ;)
- 22.30 ongoing: Tapas, Mojitos and a party in the Vestingbar
- 9.30 - 10.00: Opening event, Acasa tent (big tent) on campus
- 10.00 ongoing: Faculty programme, you will be picked up during the opening event
- 21.00 - 23.00: Optional, join the ESN Movies, in the Atrium (Bastille-building)
- 9.00 - 12.00: Faculty programme, they will tell you about it on Tuesday
- 12.00 - 13.00: Lunch on the campus
- 13.00 - 17.00: Information market in the city of Enschede. Bring your bikes! Your mentors will come with you. All clubs, associations, and organizations will present themselves in the city. Perfect to find a new hobby or just browse all the opportunities ;)
- 17.00 - 18.00: Enschede city tour and game! Get to know the city of Enschede up close and personal. Your mentors will guide you along.
- 18.30 - 21.00: Dinner with all Master students in a restaurant the city
- 21.00 - 01.00: Concert at the Oude Markt (Old Market) in the city!
- 10.00 - 11.30: Luxurious brunch on the campus
- 11.30 - 14.30: 3 rounds of workshops of sport and culture clubs. Try some of the sports and other workshop events!
- 14.30 - 16.15: A charity lottery on campus, while some of you have to take care of a few more formalities (health check)
- 16.15 - 17.30: Little break
- 17.30 - 20.00: Dinner at watersportcomplex near the campus
- 20.00 - 22.00: Theatre comedy by students
- 22.00 - 22.30: Final show
- 22.30 - 04.00: Final party “Mystery Landing” in the Vestingbar and Atrium
On Friday, August 27, some of you will have other important appointments to go to, like pick-up your passports and arranging bankaccounts! You will be informed you about this during the Kick-In.
If you are participating in the Kick-In, you have already received your full programme. including your faculty programme. Otherwise you can find it back online too: click here.
Apart from the programme, everybody can come and hang out with ESN Twente! There are 2 events during the Kick In, where you can find us:
Wednesday, August 18, between 11.30 and 14.30, on campus, amongst all other information stands where all associations, clubs and organisations present themselves.
Wednesday, August 25, between 13.00 and 17.00, on the Van Heekplein in Enschede-city, also amongst other information stands.